Functional pottery for the home including tableware, vases, pet bowls, and serving pieces.
We welcome commissions for original work to your specifications.
Watch us at work and explore the world of hand-made pottery.
Thursday 12p to 6p
Friday 12p to 8p
Saturday 10a to 8p
Sunday 10a to 6p
or anytime by appointment
GPTetrev Pottery Store and Workshop
159 South Oak Park Avenue
Oak Park IL 60302
(630) 240-5677 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you teach classes?
- At this time, we do not offer instruction -- there just isn't enough space in the studio currently to teach classes. We are happy to demonstrate our work and answer questions anytime.
- Is the work dishwasher/microwave safe?
- Yes, all the pieces are dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe. You should treat them like your everyday dishes.
- Why are your prices so much lower than other ceramic galleries?
- I price my pots so that you are more likely to use them every day. I also price my work so that it is more economical to purchase multiple pieces in sets. I hope that when people buy a set of bowls or plates they will replace their mass-produced tableware and enjoy the experience of hand-thrown pottery: nothing's better than a bowl of noodles or homemade soup from a unique piece!
- What is that big wooden thing in the window?
- That's my treadle wheel -- it's foot-powered, and so doesn't require any electricity. It's built from a design made popular by Bernard Leach (1887-1979), considered the "father of British studio pottery." I love working the clay at a slower, more controlled rotation.
The drying rack
Some unique cups